Leica Zeiss ZM 35mm 1.4

Lloyd Chambers is calling this the best Leica M lens available and put his Summilux up for sale.

Anyone planning to get one?

I'd like to try it. So far the only negative I've read is that it is larger than the Summilux. Here they are shown to scale:

15563371466_be1d844eef_o.jpg

the contax mount slr 35/1.4 distagon is one of the most special lenses ive ever seen. if its anything like that, wow!

I agree that the SLR version is great but it is huge. I had that one with my D800e and ended up selling it because it is so big. I might get this ZM version eventually. I currently have the Lux-ASPH Titanium and might switch it to the Zeiss.

Lloyd Chambers is calling this the best Leica M lens available and put his Summilux up for sale.

Anyone planning to get one?

I'd like to try it. So far the only negative I've read is that it is larger than the Summilux.

The size and lack of the focus tab are negating factors for me, but I also already own the 35 FLE. I do wish the FLE had more contrast but then again I would just get the current elmarit 28mm as it's pretty close to the 35mm FL and has the features that I want (smaller size, focus tab, 6 bit coded).

Knowing that both Zeiss and Leica's curves are mesured ones and not calculated (as most of the rest), I have put the Distagon and the Summilux curves one on top of the other... I think that, waiting for a real test, the outcome is pretty clear... (although the weight and size also... ;-) :)) .... well, and somebody will also say..."do not forget the price"... :-D

uuYwCtA.jpg
245cHRw.jpg

uQTmU8X.jpg
fKmmZJC.jpg

Back