Fuji Zhou Half Cases for the X100

Gariz case? Is that also a half case? The Zhou case looks alright. I don't understand how he could have messed up on the design with the strap area and the aperture ring.

I got one of the Zhou cases too - arrived a few days ago. The aperture ring was an issue on mine too, on the left side, with plenty of room on the right. But leather is really pliable stuff. I just took the round metal shaft of a screwdriver and worked the leather for a few minutes, both pushing it down into itself and then pushing from the front to the back with my fingers behind the leather. And, presto, no more issue with the aperture ring - its as accessible and easy to turn as it is without the case. No issue with the strap since I don't use a regular strap, the left lug isn't an issue for me, but I'd imagine it could be similarly rectified. Some of the buttons on the back are slightly less accessible just from all of that leather around them, but not seriously enough to bother me - I don't use the rear buttons that often in the field anyway. Nice case. Seems like it will protect the camera a bit from the normal nicks and dings and it really gives you something substantial to hold onto. And it looks nice, for whatever that's worth.

-Ray

Here is the deal with gariz case, I found the site to the actual manufactures and on thier site i found their email and contact them. They told me that they were out of stock due to their popularity but should have some in by this Monday or Tuesday. They gave me thier paypal account so I can pay a total of $117.00 US and told me they would hold one for me and ship right away when it's available. the price includes expedited shipping. they are based in Korea.

here is the email I recieved from them:

Hi, I’m a member in GARIZ.
My name is Mihyun Oh and my duty is design work and in charge for foreign customer.
I'm sorry. I'm too late reply.

Thank you very much of interested in GARIZ product.

I'll tell you the Shipping cost first.
There are 2 options of shipping from Korea to USA in post office.

1. International Registered Post : 8 USD ( It' takes about 2 weeks, no provide mail information, under 500g weight )
2. EMS : 22 USD ( It' takes 3~5 days, provide mail information, under 500g weight )

I’d like to recommend EMS shipping method.
It is more safe than International Registered Post.

Items price is
XS-CHX100MB (1 quantity) : 95 USD

So, total price is 117 USD. (including EMS shipping cost)

But unfortunately, half case is sold out. T^T
It's very popular items.
After about 2~3 weeks, will be stock in.

And I joined paypal system so you can send money to me via My paypal email addres.

After send money via paypal, please tell me your shipping address and phone number.

Thanks again and Have nice day.
your sincerely,

Mihyun:)

X1001-13_dragged_.jpg

X1002.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I just ordered a brown Gariz half case. Photos if it mounted up on the X100 to follow when it arrives. Thanks to all for the great information on this case.
The Zhou case bending and moving around on the X100 body while shooting got to be a bit more than I am willing to put up with in the future. Too bad, nice case overall and if it wasn't for that problem I observed on a recent trip I'd probably would not have order the Gariz case. 'Maybe just my odd way of grabbing the camera while shooting. Addtionally, A&A straps can be problematic on cases where the covering extends up past the strap lugs. At least I'll have a back-up. :rolleyes:
. . . David

So this case doesn't cover the bottom of the camera? That's an interesting twist. It looks very nice.

I hope you ordered it by EMS. I ordered my Fuji case/strap with normal shipping and what did it take - a month? I was fortunate to get a good deal on the price and do like the case very much. Sorry...still no pix, I know. I still need to put on the leather strap!:redface:

Thanks, BB. Actually it does cover the bottom of the camera except for the battery/SD card access, it's just a metal bottom piece instead of the typical leather variety. I prefer the leather kind as it gives the camera a "soft landing" when you put the camera down but the movement of the Zhou case and the single case strap/lug issue was really bothersome. Hence the Gariz order.
Yes, I learned about EMS through Dirk at Japan Exposure, wicked fast as us New Englanders would say. :)
. . . David

I have the Gariz for the X100 and GF1 on the way from a Thai dealer as well, did you get yours from Mayisell? It's been in transit for a while now, I guess even expedited shipping take a while when dealing with customs.

Here is the deal with gariz case, I found the site to the actual manufactures and on thier site i found their email and contact them. They told me that they were out of stock due to their popularity but should have some in by this Monday or Tuesday. They gave me thier paypal account so I can pay a total of $117.00 US and told me they would hold one for me and ship right away when it's available. the price includes expedited shipping. they are based in Korea.

here is the email I recieved from them:

Hi, I’m a member in GARIZ.
My name is Mihyun Oh and my duty is design work and in charge for foreign customer.
I'm sorry. I'm too late reply.

Thank you very much of interested in GARIZ product.

I'll tell you the Shipping cost first.
There are 2 options of shipping from Korea to USA in post office.

1. International Registered Post : 8 USD ( It' takes about 2 weeks, no provide mail information, under 500g weight )
2. EMS : 22 USD ( It' takes 3~5 days, provide mail information, under 500g weight )

I’d like to recommend EMS shipping method.
It is more safe than International Registered Post.

Items price is
XS-CHX100MB (1 quantity) : 95 USD

So, total price is 117 USD. (including EMS shipping cost)

But unfortunately, half case is sold out. T^T
It's very popular items.
After about 2~3 weeks, will be stock in.

And I joined paypal system so you can send money to me via My paypal email addres.

After send money via paypal, please tell me your shipping address and phone number.

Thanks again and Have nice day.
your sincerely,

Mihyun:)

View attachment 37895
View attachment 37896
Do you happen to have Mihyun's email?

Back