theoldsmithy

Hall of Famer
Name
Martin Connolly
After a brain-numbing amount of research, I have ordered a 1971 Zorki 4 from the Ukraine. I'm looking forward ro trying my Jupiter 8 lens on the camera it was meant for :)
Also ordered a Leningrad 4 light meter as I don't have an inbuilt meter in my head yet...

After a brain-numbing amount of research, I have ordered a 1971 Zorki 4 from the Ukraine. I'm looking forward ro trying my Jupiter 8 lens on the camera it was meant for :)
Also ordered a Leningrad 4 light meter as I don't have an inbuilt meter in my head yet...

We look forward to seeing how you find the camera and what you shoot with it. I just ran a roll through a Canon P and Jupiter 3. Waiting for the results.

Got my first roll back...Kodak Color Plus 200. I definitely prefer the Lomography 400.

35405074384_3d3a7e35c6_k.jpg

70670009-9.jpg
by theoldsmithy, on Flickr

35405072444_f6a613afcf_k.jpg

70670010-8.jpg

35405070704_b6994b9876_k.jpg

70670008-7.jpg

I very much enjoy shooting with the zorki. It has a lovely heft to it, the Industar lens has very easy to use focus and aperture rings, and the shutter makes a lovely definite snick noise. I have another roll of Kodak CP200 on the go; I'm looking forward to trying some Lomography color, and various B&W films that I have stockpiled. I've also now ordered a Fed 4 to see howmthe shooting experience compares, and a Smena 8 for a laugh...

Last edited by a moderator:
Update on the ordering front - the Fed 4 arrived, and contrary to description, the light meter was not working - so that's now on its way back to the seller. They also make the Zorkis seem positively svelte... However as well as the Smena I have a Lubitel 166U on its way - I thought I'd get a cheap intro to the world of 120 film!

Back